Benefits of Lingual Braces
Comparison to clear aligners, advantages of the lingual system are:
- solution for those cases unsuitable for clear aligner treatment due to added control only fixed appliances can provide. Lingual braces can there be used on all levels of cases whilst offering the same aesthetics during orthodontic treatment
- there is no issues related to patient compliance that can come with clear aligners as lingual braces are fixed so there are no interruptions in treatment time
- Braces on back of teeth means that your orthodontic treatment is non-visible to individuals.
Kitcha Dental Clinic orthodontic dental clinic selects Stb Light braces due to:
- Small design for minimal impact on tongue position and speech
- STb lingual for standard cases and STb Social 6 for minor to moderate cases involving anterior teeth
There is only a handful of orthodontist (braces specialists) who are trained on lingual braces technique as special braces lab setup and treatment planning is required. Kitcha Dental Clinic consists of lingual braces orthodontists who are certified for placement of braces behind teeth.
TREATMENT PROCESS FOR LINGUAL BRACES
An evaluation and consultation on various orthodontic treatment options for your case is done with your orthodontist during your first visit.
Step 1 : Planning and Pre-orthodontic Treatments
Your dentist takes a set of digital panoramic and cephalometric x-rays as well as an impression for study model for orthodontic treatment planning.
If you decide to start treatment for lingual braces, pre-orthodontic dental treatments such as tooth removal, teeth cleaning, scaling, polishing or dental fillings is first completed. Your lingual dental specialists then takes an impression to start the lab works for lingual braces.
Panoramic and Celphlometric Imaging
Step 2 : Placement of Braces
Clear braces, metal braces and self-ligating braces may be started immediately during the same consultation visit should you decide so. Lingual braces will require laboratory work to be first set up prior to placement.
After teeth impression taking, your dentist arranges a follow up visit once the teeth works are ready for placement. The brackets are then placed on the lingual side of your teeth.
Lingual braces are highly personalized. Your orthodontist must be specially trained with the knowledge to be able to understand and utilize the functional mechanics of lingual braces. Kitcha Dental Clinic is one of the few orthodontic clinic with a team of lingual orthodontist certified in lingual technique able to perform this specialized technique.
Step 3 : Monthly Adjustments Visits
Similiar to conventional braces, monthly adjustments visits are required with your orthodontist to change the elastic o-ring and check the progress of your braces behind teeth.
Monthly visits checks range between 4 to 6 weeks.
Step 4 : Removal of brackets & Retainers
After orthodontic treatment, the internal brackets and appliances are removed. Panoramic and celphlometric x-ray is taken. And teeth impression is made to have the retainers made.
Retainers are necessary to keep teeth positioning in place after completion of your lingual braces. Your orthodontist instructs you for continuously and consistently wearing of retainers.