Benefits of Dental Bridges
- it is natural-looking
- you can choose the shape, size and shades
- a fixed replacement solutions, unlike dentures that can slip and slide
- relative quick treatment timing completed within 2 to 3 visits as compared to dental implants and dentures
- ease of maintenance and care similar to taking care of natural teeth
Uses of Tooth Bridge
- to replace missing gap between 2 adjacent support teeth
- placed over dental implants posts to replace multiple missing teeth
Restorative Comestic Dentistry Center
To restore your smile and teeth, Kitcha Dental Clinic has an on-site digital dental laborotory to make your all ceramic zirconia bridges. Using CAD/CAM technologies, seeking treatment at Kitcha Dental Clinic allows for shorted treatment timings. Shade and shape may be adjusted with you at chairside during your visits with us.
Thailand’s Leading Restorative Dental Specialists
Customized Smile Profile
by DSD Master Expert
CAD/CAM Digitalized Lab
Computerized Milling for Zirconica Crowns
Type Of Dental Bridge
There several constructs of dental bridges:
- Traditional Dental Bridges : consists one or more pontics (fake teeth) that are cemented onto the teeth adjacent to your missing tooth. The standard and most commonly done type of bridge treatment
- Cantilever Bridges : the pontic is supported by on one side
- Maryland Bridges : consists of a pontic that is held in place by a metal or porcelain framework bonded onto the backs of the two teeth adjacent
- Implant-Supported Bridges : supported by dental implants, bridge is suspended between two implant-supported crowns
Like crowns, there are also several types of materials that may be used to form bridges:
- Metal alloys or gold
- Porcelain-fused-to Metal (PFM)
- All Ceramics
- Composite resin
Each type of material has its advantrages, you are able to read more on types of dental crowns.
Traditional Tooth Bridge
Cantilever Tooth Bridge
Maryland Dental Bridge
Procedure For Traditional Tooth Bridge
Tooth Prep Labwork
1. Treatment Plan & Diagnoses
During your first visit, your prosthodontist discuss with you on options for missing teeth replacement. X-ray and a tooth impression may be taken as a model wax up.
If there is an existing tooth requiring removal, the tooth is normally first removed and left to heal for about 2 months. Only after bone and gumline has properly healed will the the dental bridge then begin.
2. Adjacent Teeth Preparation
During your tooth bridge treatment, the teeth that is ajacent to the missing gap is prepared, Your prosthodontist takes a tooth impression either through moulds or with a digital intraoral scanner of the prepared teeth and sends this to the dental laboratory.
The lab builds and fabricates your new bridge corresponding based on selected teeth shade and material. Temporary crowns are placed over the prepared tooth to cover and protect your tooth while waiting for delivery of the bridge.
3. Bonding of Dental Bridge
On delivery of the tooth bridge, your dentist remove the temporary crowns and fits the bridge into place. The bridge is adjusted and confirmed with you before permanent bonding onto the side teeth.
Your prosthodontist checks your occlusion bite and makes some final adjustments to ensure proper fit.
TOOTH BRIDGE POST CARE INSTUCTIONS
Dental bridges are maintain simliar to your normal natural teeth and crowns.
• follow good oral hygiene with brushing and flossing
• maintain a healthy diet
• avoid biting on hards foods
Teeth Bridge Faqs
The cost of your tooth bridge will vary with your bridge type. For traditonal dental bridges that is most commonly done, the tooth bridge cost is calculated using the cost per crown multiply by the number of units within the tooth bridge.
For example, if you need to replace 2 missing front tooth with a bridge of 4 unit crowns and you have chosen all ceramic zirconia crown at our thailand dental clinic at 18,000 baht (estimated USD$565 per crown), the total cost of your tooth bridge will be 18,000 baht per crown x 4 unit crowns = 72,000 baht (estimated USD$2,260).
Traditional dental bridges can lasts for 5 years and above. With good oral hygiene and regular checkups, it can lasts for over 10 years. How long any prostheses last will vary with your personal habits, care, use and lifestyle. For dental bridges, it is important to keep your existing anchor tooth healthy.
Most old dental bridges replacement our dentists sees our thailand dental clinic are replaced from decay or having loose anchor teeth that holds the dental bridge in place.