Denture, Plate, Clipper
A Denture is a removable prosthesis used to replace missing teeth. It is usually made of acrylic or combination of acrylic and metal.
A partial denture is fitted to replace some missing teeth, while a complete denture is indicated when all natural teeth are missing.
At Kitcha Dental Clinic Chiang Mai Thailand, a good set of denture done by a good prosthodontist will help patient to eat, speak, function and often makes them look younger and better.
More information about denture, plate, or clipper
- At our clinic in Chiang Mai, a denture will take 3-4 visits for fabricating (around 2-10 days).
- New denture always feels strange when placed in the mouth. It usually takes 3-4 weeks to get used to but adaptation varies according to people.
- After denture is delivered to the patient, a check-up or recall appointment is usually required by our dentist to see if there is any discomforts or sore. A minor adjustment will be done to make sure that our patient is comfortable with their new denture.
- Patient with denture should start eating with soft foods and food cut into small pieces.
- In some patient with severe bone loss and denture does not have a good grip, denture adhesive can be used to make the denture more stable.
- Some patients might have gagging reflex and vomits with denture even after shorter the length of denture, then implant will be a better option.
- New denture many alter your speech initially. Pronouncing certain words many require practice. This problem rarely persists beyond 2 weeks.
How to take care of your denture?
- Denture should be removed and cleaned after every meal with a soft brush.
- Hold the denture firmly while cleaning. Accidental drop-page may result in chipped or broken dentures.
- Soak the denture in denture cleanser once a week to remove stains and always rinse them before using them again.
- Always remove the denture before going to bed. This will allow the patient’s gum to rest and promote good oral health.
- Denture is the cheapest option for tooth replacement in dentistry. If patient is comfortable with the new set of denture, he/she can save a lot of money by not doing an Implant.
Types of Denture
Acrylic Plate (Economy Denture)
Acrylic plate or Temporary denture or Provisional denture is the most affordable denture when patient still have few teeth left. At our Lab in Dental Clinic Chiang Mai, this type of denture will be made in 24 hours.
The full denture or Complete denture is setup on a wax base. Thus, patient could try them on to see how the denture will look on your before finish. Our dentist in Chiang Mai Dental Clinic may make changes to suit your mouth, make you feel confident of your smile. After that, we will deliver your denture in the permanent hard material.
It is like designing your own smile. This type of denture will take 7 days to complete or 3 days with express service.
High Impact Denture (Premium)
Our deluxe denture is made using deluxe quality denture teeth and offers high level durability and natural look. This denture allows for more customization including a try-on preview that allows patient to approve the general characteristics of your new smile before it is permanently set.
Flexible denture, the Valpast denture (Premium)
The flexible denture is made from special material that gives patient added comfort and fit. It is easy to take care, comfortable to wear and cosmetically virtually undetectable as false teeth. Flexible partial blends in well with the natural appearance of your gums, making the partial virtually invisible. The plastic has almost chameleon effect. It is so strong that the partial can be made very thin and so picks up the characteristics of the underlying tissue. The valpast clasp blends with the surrounding tissue and virtually disappears. Valpast partial are smooth and comfortable against the tongue. Valpast dentures are very long lasting if compared to all types of denture.
Metal Framework Denture or Removable partial denture (RPD)
The cast metal frame denture is stronger, less bulging and offers a great fit. This partial denture has a metal framework attach with higher quality false teeth.
This fabricating procedure will take 5-10 days.
The removable partial denture is commonly used because of its thinness. And, patient feel more comfortable with this type of denture.
[simple-retail-menu id=”5″ header=”h3″]